Planner-list Resource costs and list archive

Hi all,

My name's Dom - I'm in the process of buying a new home and refurbishing it. I have everything scattered around on various spreadsheets and text files and thought it would make sense to get the project into some semblance of order - hence using Planner.

I have hit a small snag when assigning costs to resources - it seems that the cost for work is based on an hourly rate but often tradesmen will do work on a 'price' basis - does anyone know if there's a workaround for this or am I missing something obvious?

Also, is there a list archive somewhere that I can dig through?

Thanks and regards,

D.