Re: Planner-list Poll: how do you track progress?

Maurice van der Pot wrote:
On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 07:58:25PM +0100, Nigel Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:44:06 -0400
Sebastien Roy <Sebastien Roy Sun COM> wrote:
but what I'd really like is
to be able to track progress against the original plan.
The lack of being able to baseline a plan is the only reason I'm not
using planner. Its all very well knowing a task is 50% complete but I
need to know if it was meant to be finished 22 years ago.

Can either of you recommend some reading material or some good examples
of visualizing this information? I unfortunately can't draw from
extensive personal experience in project management, so I really
appreciate anything you can share.

There's a bunch of information online about "project tracking", here's one that has visual depictions of tracking using MS Project:

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=577

-Seb