Planner-list Poll: how do you track progress?

I've been working on a patch that allows you to track a task's progress
in hours instead of in a percentage.

Now I am wondering how you generally would like to track progress
(forgetting for a minute that planner only supports a percentage at the
moment).

So here are the options:

1) I prefer to always track progress in percentages

2) I prefer to always track progress in hours/days/etc

3) It depends on the project, but within one project I track everything
   the same way

4) I use both within one project. Some tasks in percentages, some in
   hours/days.

5) I only use this feature for marking tasks as complete

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Maurice.

--