Planner-list Date problem - first post

First things first, :-)
I wanted to tell the developers and maintainers of Planner that is ROCKS!  I'm
using every day now....  I appreciate this tool!

To echo Will Dennis below, and perhaps this is a bug, but the "Week ##, 2007"
display is the only output for the HTML export.
I'd like to use the HTML export for reporting, but the date display is
problematic.  I can manually fix the HTML, but what a pain.

Also, I'd like the ability to cut and paste tasks.... when developing
alternatives for discussion and planning purposes, I have multiple copies of
the same tasks so I can vary the assignment of resources in each alternative
to show the impact.  Having to cut out of Planner into an editor and back in
is a real pain.

Finally, one thing I noticed during my cutting-and-pasting:  if two tasks have
the same name, it appears that only the first one is used for date
calculation.  To reproduce, have two tasks, same name.  Set duration on each
task to be different.  Create new tasks, but set the predecessor to one of the
identical tasks.  Regardless of which identical task you use, the date
calculation is made based first (lowest ID) of the identical tasks.

Keep up the good work!!!  I'm really looking forward to the database version
so my colleagues can start a project and base their start on my project
completion :-)  (At least I'm hoping thats one of the capabilities of a
DB-version of Planner, the ability to select a task in another project as the
predecessor).

Will Dennis wrote:
> Anyways, I would like to change the lables on the top strip of the Gantt
> chart view from "Week ##, 2007" to the name of the relevant month (with
> or without year.) I checked in the Help > User Guide, could not see how
> to do this. But in section 3.10 "Using the Gantt View", I can see the
> screenshot has Year and then Quarter lables, so it seems as if this sort
> of thing may be configurable. Please let me know if this is possible
> (and how :)

It's not fully configurable in the way that you have complete freedom
over the format the time is displayed, but the way the times are
displayed is dependent on the zoom level, which you can control.
That's what you saw in the help.

Zoom out once from what you now have and you'll get month + year in the
top row and week number in the bottom row.

Maurice.