Re: Planner-list Date problem - first post

Robert Campbell wrote:
First things first, :-)
I wanted to tell the developers and maintainers of Planner that is ROCKS!  I'm
using every day now....  I appreciate this tool!

I agree, it's invaluable.

To echo Will Dennis below, and perhaps this is a bug, but the "Week ##, 2007"
display is the only output for the HTML export.
I'd like to use the HTML export for reporting, but the date display is
problematic.  I can manually fix the HTML, but what a pain.

I didn't realise this. That is quite a serious problem.
I think some of the difficulty is that very few people seem to want
to use week numbers at all, as they are not in common use anywhere.
A calendar date is really the key datum.

[...]
Keep up the good work!!!  I'm really looking forward to the database version
so my colleagues can start a project and base their start on my project
completion :-)  (At least I'm hoping thats one of the capabilities of a
DB-version of Planner, the ability to select a task in another project as the
predecessor).

I shudder to think of what non-reusability a DB version will impose.
The XML data format is just fine...I hope a DB version will not drop this, or will at least provide an Export XML option.

One thing I haven't managed to use is the Project Phase. I'd like to divide an existing project into phases, but I can't see how to tell Planner to do that.

///Peter