[Planner] Tasks with fixed deadlines

Hi -

In inputting my projects into Planner I've run up against a barrier: many of my tasks have fixed deadlines because of externally-agreed constraints. They simply have to happen by a certain date and everything that needs to come before or after needs to be calculated around that date.

For example, I have a quarterly report due on the 11th of May, Aug, Nov and Feb. It takes about 5 working days to prepare, but it must be delivered by that date. I have a bi-annual meeting on the 25th of May and Nov each year. The meeting lasts a day, but there are various tasks that it depends on being completed in advance that take up a couple of days between them. (Incidentally, to plan the rest of my year, I need to slot other projects in around these fixed points).

So, for these deadlined project components I need the end-date fixed and the start-date calculated according to the duration of the work that preceeds it, which is something I can't see how to do. Is the functionality available or in planning?

Best regards,

Struan Bartlett