Re: [Planner] Reports

>> Eric Walker wrote:
> Yes, well what  I mean is that currently say the html output. Its in its
> own
> particular format. Some of the fields I don't want to see. Others I do.
> Then
> I want those fields and data in different places. So I guess the
> enhancement
> request would be to allow someone who is not using the database to be able
> format there reports like they want too. I would even suggest the ability
> auto run particular perl scripts or something to format the data like you
> want.  Does anyone understand what I am saying?

The html report is created via an xsl transformation - so you could modify
the stylesheets any way you want to create your own custom version of the
html output.

This brings to mind a thought I had on this subject.  It'd be really cool
if someone could set up a custom reporting interface whereby folks could
create their own reports by adding stylesheets to the folder where the
current one is stored and maybe to a list of available reports for the
menu to pull up.  It seems like it would be helpful for folks who'd like
to modify the standard html report or create their own without needing to
change the actual Planner code at all.

-Kurt Maute
kurt maute us