Re: [Planner] Can't do print preview or print (might be OT)

>> I'm running Planner v0.11 with Gnome 2.4 under Solaris 8 (I compiled Planner
and
>> Gnome myself).  If I try to print or do a preview, I get the following
errors:

>> (planner:11432): GnomePrint-WARNING **: No fonts could be loaded into
fontmap.

>This looks like a problem with the way gnome-print is setup/built.
>
>I'm not sure what the problem is exactly though.
>
>Do you have any other gnome applications installed, for example gedit,
>that you could try to print from and see if they have the same problem?
>
>There is a few test programs in the gnome-print code as well:
>
>libgnomeprint/tests/fonts
>
>for example, that can be used to investigate the problem a bit (at least
>in 2.5, I think they exist in 2.4 as well).

The fonts test program is there is 2.4.  Running it gives me:

(process:25968): GnomePrint-WARNING **: No fonts could be loaded into fontmap.

so obviously that's the main problem.  I don't have any other gnome apps that
print, but I could always compile gedit to see.  I think it will give me the
exact same problem since 'fonts' is though.

The question is why fonts can't be loaded (where is it looking?)  I don't think
libgnomeprint came with any fonts.  Does some other gnome package come with the
fonts that libgnomeprint needs?  Configure didn't complain when I configured
libgnomeprint.

                                                Adam
--
Adam Stein @ Xerox Corporation       Email: adam scan mc xerox com