Re: [Planner] Resource dependencies

ons 2004-01-07 klockan 17.59 skrev Steve Evans:
> Xavier Ordoquy wrote:
> > Well, again I'm not sure this is that easy.
>
> Me neither! I think any form of automated resource levelling will be extremely complicated, and at best only give a rough schedule that the Project Manager can start from and work with.

Well, I was mostly referring to the framework for doing it, rather than
a resource leveling algorithm. It would allow for e.g. something Brian's
suggestion. We could have the two different kinds of dependencies, that
would mostly differ visually, since many people don't like to create
"fake" dependencies between tasks that are not really dependent.

And a very simple algorithm could just try to very stupidly add such
dependencies between tasks that are scheduled at the same time and
assigned to the same resource. Maybe that would be too stupid to be
useful?

Would having just the manual "resource dependencies" be useful?

/Richard

--
Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com