Re: Please merge the three pull requests on GitHub

On 04/19/2017 03:51 PM, Alexandre Franke wrote:
On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 5:04 PM, Andrew Miloradovsky
<miloradovsky gmail com> wrote:
Where, reaching the step 4, we realize that we have to send a patch set,
and the review process is fully manual, nothing even close to the pull
requests mechanism exists. Or... the manual is simply outdated and we
have to look for a more efficient submission method somewhere else. At
least that were my thoughts.
The described process is one way to do it that will work for anyone,
especially newcomers. There are other ways. Many developers use a
command line tool called git-bz that allows one to interact with
Bugzilla directly from your shell, and we find that superior to the
workflow from GitHub which forces you to do stuff in a Web browser.
It’s at http://git.fishsoup.net/cgit/git-bz/ in case you want to give
it a try.

In any case I think the “go fuck myself” in your initial mail was exaggerated.
Perhaps, but that was my impression at that time.
I actually have `git-bz` installed, but yet have to figure out how to
use it...
Yes I do! But the process of using Bugzilla feels like a step backward.
It’s certainly different, but it’s a question of habit. To people who
work with Bugzilla everyday, GitHub sometimes feels like a step
backward. I’m not going to discuss this further as it can easily
derive into a sterile argument.

GNOME is evaluating alternatives, which means we may be using
something else at some point. Stay tuned.
Currently I'm a fan of GitLab: would be nice if Gnome had an active
mirror using it.