Are warnings errors?

The answer is obvious.

However, different points of view exist (maintainers, packagers, users) and what is obvious for one may be nonsense for another.

What is the current status of the code?
1. 'make' does not work
2. 'make check' does the same.
3. User guide EDS window is unattainable.
4. Chapter 'Configuring a Planner database' is a fiction.
5. etc.

In short: Try to follow the current installation guide and even some parts of the user guide. Well, good luck!

Let us be pragmatic.
Whatever might be your answer, we all have to bear some warnings for some times, until we are up to date with GNOME.

I suggest relaxing rule 3 of submitting patches
(https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Planner/Development#line-42).