Re: Feature request: Link progress in one planner file to content of another.

> I don't think that would be very practical to use. The details of a
> task should be put in subtask. However it seems that currently tasks
> with subtasks don't show progress, be it of their subtasks or their
> own. I would rather have this implemented. What do you think about
> this, John?
>
> --
> Alexandre Franke

That would also be a very cool feature. You'd have to base it on the time
each subtask was assigned and take the percentage complete into
account. A task isn't a task. If you had nine one-hour tasks and one
one-month task, then if all the one-hour tasks were 100% complete
while the one-month task was 0% complete, then what completion
percentage should the supertask show?

However, these ideas do not conflict in any way, so there is no reason
to prefer one to the other. Where should the leaf-tasks percentage
come from? I say from the Evolution task. Planner should be used
for planning and overview, while Evolution should be used to work on
the leaf-tasks.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad