Re: Planner xml field additions

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 11:04:11PM -0400, Kurt Maute wrote:
> What's your view on the timing of changes to the xml format?  I'm just
> wondering if you'd like to get a new release cut before we do something
> like that.

Yes, I would like to do a release first. It should include the GTK+
printing stuff (done) and the help file generation for Windows (still to
be done). I'll check tomorrow if there are other things to include.

As the transition to git is nearby, maybe this is a good time to reflect
on the way we have been working. Branching, or rather merging, in
subversion is not really an option but with git it may make some things
easier.

I don't have much experience with git or similar tools, but the idea of
topic branches does sound attractive. Also if we would like to postpone
the inclusion of file format changes, we could keep them in their own
branch and we as developers/contributors would still be able to
collaborate on them.

Regards,
Maurice.

--