UniqueID

Hello

I'm very new here. We are using the planner software for our project planning for the last few months.

I'm very happy with it and think is a great tool. So my question:

We would like recored the time each resource is working on each task in real time. That for i programmed a java applet which reads all the available task for project database for the currently logged in resource and record the time for the task the user has selected.

My problem now is: The amount of time each user spends on a task is stored via task-id and resource-id in a extra table together with start-date and end-date. This works all fine until i create a new task and all task-id will be changed and my matching between time and task is messed up.

Sorry my English is not so great. What i need is matching id between task and time.

My work around right now is, that when i read the task the first time i write back a unique id into the tasks note field and store this new id into my time table. The next time i read the task list i check for this task to see if someone alredy worked on it and use the the new created id from this point on. If no id exist in the note field i know it's a new task and create a new id.

I tried to add a new attribute in the allocation node what i think would be more proper but did not work even when i changed the .dtd definition file.

I really hope someone understand my issue, i;m not very good in explaining and can help me then i think, if it also would be possible to record the amount of hours worked on each task, this would be the perfect office task/time management solution.

Best regards and once again 100 thousand thanks for such a great tool.

--
Kilian Bohnenblust
Technology Director

Tel +66 76 521 873
Fax +66 76 521 874
kilian bitsiren com

BitSiren - Bespoke IT & Marketing Solutions