Re: Fwd: Programming bounty

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 11:26 +0200, Maurice van der Pot wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 01:41:54AM +0100, Lee Baylis wrote:
> > I have been in touch with John Lambert and offered to take him up on his
> > offer. I may well be taking Maurice up on his offer of help in the coming
> > weeks as well!
>
> Ok, great! You should talk to Kurt Maute as well, because he has had
> something in the pipeline that may also meet the requirements of the
> bounty. I'm not sure how far along he is with that though.

Yeah, Lee - a few months back I came across a library I think we should
use.  Its LibRCPS, which stands for Resource Constrained Project
Scheduling.  http://www.librcps.org/  I think we should modify planner
to use this library for several reasons:
1. Its more sophisticated than what I would have come up with on my own
- its based on genetic algorithms (the guy is way smart).
2. Its GPL - so no license conflicts
3. Written in C

I haven't started experimenting with it yet, but I think it looks real
promising.

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>