Re: how can i help

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 07:08:10PM +0530, ビカス ヤダワ (vikas yadav) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently I had to do tech planning for next 3 months and incidentally i
> noticed planner installed on my fc9. I never use m$ but i quickly learned
> and made my first plan in 2 days. While that time i realized lot of things
> which could improve or even save time while making long plans. Therefore i
> have just svn-co'd the code and join this list.

Welcome to the list!

> I never did gtk/gnome but
> did lots of win32api. I hope I will pickup the code quickly. I list some of
> the things that I want to improve in planner. Please suggest.
>
>    1. when I add a predecessor task, it lists out the tasks without any
>    indent. as the list grows very long, its very hard to locate the task since
>    everything is shown un-indented in the drop down. I want to try to bring
>    some indentation on that drop down

There's also a bug in that if you have two tasks with the same name, you
can only select the first one from a dropdown box, because it is
selected by name. You'll probably be changing that code and fix this
problem in the process. I can't find it in bugzilla right now though.

>    2. i use trac and therefore want to save time creating tickets if my
>    planner has assigned_to, deadlinem, title, priority and notes already. ill
>    also try to bring in attactment support which will also go into trac ticket.

I'd be interested to see how this functionality would work.

> then there are lot of other nice-to-have functions but i think those are
> even harder. like dragging a task instead of move-up or move-down function.

That would be very nice, but you're right, probably pretty difficult.

Regards,
Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot