Re: Translation Amharic

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 11:28:50AM +0300, Alexander Menk wrote:
> my colleague, Milka Abay, translated GNOME planner into Amharic.
>
> Can somebody integrate this into the project ?
>
> What is the supposed way to send updates of the translation ?

If you have a new translation for a language for which there is already
a team, you can contact the team's leader. He will check the translation
and commit it if it is ok and he can also answer any questions about
joining a translation team.

The leader of the Amharic translation team is Daniel Yacob
http://l10n.gnome.org/people/yacob

More info can be found here:
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/JoiningTranslation
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject

> Do you know if the translation is automatically importet to the Ubuntu
> project?

Translations are part of a release just like other changes in Planner.
When a new planner version is released, the then current translations
are included in the tarball. Distributions such as Ubuntu will use this
tarball to create their own package.

Regards,
Maurice.

--