Re: Changing the way exporters work

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 08:52:49PM -0400, Kurt Maute wrote:
> I agree with Sebastien from a developer's perspective.  I'm just
> concerned that if we limit the amount of data too much, then the
> non-developer public might be a bit put off to have to use libplanner to
> get all the data they need... like if someone wanted to write a
> stylesheet to transform the data into csv, or do some quick scripting to
> analyze the data in some way.
>
> So although we don't have to make a decision right away, I think we
> might consider either a secondary (non-default) export format with more
> data,

I prefer this option. At least, if it is what I think it is.

We'd add another exporter (File -> Export -> XML for instance).
This would be the exact format that the exporters use internally.
It might change and users would have to adapt their stylesheets, but at
least it does not affect the exchange of .planner files.

The .planner file would then be stripped to the bare minimum as I
described earlier.

Is that what you meant?

Regards,
Maurice.