Re: MPP support for Planner

Hi,

As you have already guessed, I'm working on an MPP importer for
Planner. The code is based on MPXJ project [1]. The project actually
has converter to planner format, but I gave it up after JAXB errors.
Besides, requiring Java just for an importer seems overkill to me.
There are three MPP flavors (according to MPXJ). I'm working on MPP9
as I have to read it. And because I don't know what MS Project
produces what MPP version (plus I don't have MS Project), I can only
work on MPP9. There are still several things to do to properly import
MPP9 but it can basically show tasks, resources and task assignments
now. If anyone can play with the attached code and give some
feedbacks, it would be highly appreciated as I only have some MPP9
files.

The code consists of an MPP dumper to convert MPP to XML and
mpp2planner.xsl to convert the result XML to planner. I don't have
proper build support for it now but you could compile it with

gcc mpp.c -o mpp $(pkg-config libgsf-1 --cflags --libs)

and run XSL transformation with xsltproc

./mpp input.mpp > output.xml
xsltproc mpp2planner.xml output.xml > output.planner

[1] http://mpxj.sourceforge.net
--
Duy