Re: [Planner Dev] "Nonstandard Days" and "Dominant tasks" - 4th patch - style corrections

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 14:10 +0100, Matteo Nastasi wrote:

> > > There are other kinds of corrections to made ?

The only thing I noticed is that we prefer to initialize variables
outside their declaration statements - just makes the code a bit more
readable.

> > > For Richard about the vertical padding: I don't understand exactly the
> > > problem to add a little padding when "nonstandard days" are enabled;
> > > the height of gtktreeview rows strictly depends from font size only;
> > > the padding is added to this value, not other.
> > >
> > > I hope that you change your opinion trying the last patch revision.
> >
> > I'll look at this as well, but my concern is that if it looks misaligned
> > at all when editing, people will file bug reports against it and we'll
> > end up changing it anyway in the long run.
> This are two shots of planner with ypadded cells in "show" and "edit" mode.
> I don't think that people will reports this as a bug.
>
> http://www.alternativeoutput.it/planner/editable.htm

I still have an issue with this.  I tried it out and did a comparison
between setting the YPAD to 2 rather than 4.

http://www.maute.us/planner/images/NonStdDays-YPAD4.png
http://www.maute.us/planner/images/NonStdDays-YPAD2.png

I think the misalignment when editing is still quite noticeable.  I also
think the display of nonworking days on the gantt chart is fine without
expanding the treeview height, so I still believe the height should be
left alone.

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>