Re: [Planner Dev] Bug 327909 -- "File -> Close" not behaving correctly

Hi,

Kurt Maute wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 10:39 +0100, Richard Hult wrote:
>

>>I don't think this is right. It's a bit strange to open a new window
>>when you close one. The fix is in my opinion either to remove the quit
>>item and only have close, or to leave it as it is now.
>

> Well, I think opening the new window is the only relatively easy way to
> provide the expected close option behavior.  Its not really noticeable
> on my machine since it draws quickly, but maybe it would look bad on
> slower hardware, so maybe its best to remove either quit or close.
>
> Looking around my desktop - most apps seem to use quit - is there a
> declared standard?

There is no real standard, but apps that show all its views in the same
window (with tabs or other ways to switch between them) leave an empty
window when the last document is closed. Apps that have a separate
window for each document behave like planner. There are also apps that
show multiple documents that only have close, not quit.

In my opinion this bug is a "NOTABUG".

Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/