Re: [Planner Dev] Prop. for new feat. - first patch

I have been using planner for a while now tracking small projects. Also, I have fixed a bug which existed due the usage of integer arithmetic in resource work calculation. I submitted a patch to an earlier planner version; however, I never receved verification that the fix was integrated into planner.

I have been following this thread regarding non-standard work and am interested in the new feature. I am also concerned that my fix will not be incorporated into the non-standard work feature.

I have a request. Please, as developers are creating new code regarding work calculations implement floating point arithmetic. I simply utilized a gfloat variable rather than a gint for units and then had to modify corresponding function calls. I also removed some of the rounding functions.

The reason behind my request is that on small projects, the error obtained due to rounding and truncation error is very significant and can be costly when trying to estimate for winning projects. I need this planner application to help me estimate for future work.