Re: [Planner Dev] Planner related little project and file encoding

Hello

- One of the little issue I have is the detection of the file encoding
of planner file. Obviously you are taking the default encoding of the
machine on which Planner is running, but the encoding is not specified
in the XML header. Do you plan to add such heading in XML generation?

Planner files are always UTF-8, which is also what XML files are when
not otherwise specified, I think?

You are right, when unspecified in the XML header, UTF-8 should be used.
I'm sorry that my analysis on the file encoding of the generated XML was incorrect. It is just that I'm using JEdit to open the Planner file, and it says that it is ISO-8859-15 encoded (which is the default of my box, a Debian SID).
I just tryed to open it using Firefox, and it does say that it is UTF-8 encoded :p
So that's perfect for me, I'll force the reading in UTF-8 in my project.

Thanks,

Julien.

--
Motofix
La route est longue, mais la voie est libre...