Re: [Planner Dev] Planner related little project and file encoding

> Hi,

Hello,

> > In order to plan my future work on this project, I have 2 little questions:
> > - Do you plan to change the structure of the XML, and if yes will it be
> > checked by a DTD/Schema with a version ? Is this will be an effort to
> > have a unified XML structure with other planning tools like Gantt
> > project? (To be honnest, I do not know if there in a normalised format
> > so far)

> We talked to the gantt project guys way back, but nothing much was
> decided. Both projects were not ready to freeze the formats I think.

> I don't think Planner is ready yet to freeze the format. I prefer to
> have import/export filters for now, for exchanging files with other
> projects.

BTW, have you been following the standardisation effort for a common "Project
Management Exchange Format" ? Most of the open tools for project management are
participating (Task Juggler, Gantt Project, Kplato, OOPM...). For those
interrested, you should subscribe to the mailing list (~10 mails/week) :

http://www.opmef.org/
http://opendocumentfellowship.org/OPMEF/HomePage

It would really be nice if all the projects tools could have a common format !

Regards,
Pierre-Andre Galmes
--
"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how