[Planner Dev] Import Project Tasks From XML File?

Hello:

I would like to be able create a set of project tasks in an XML file and
the import this XML file of tasks into Planner.  I have seen that you
can import from a MS Project file, but that is not what I want.

What I like to do when entering data is to key it into a spreadsheet,
export to a delimited file, and then write a script to transform the
delimited file into an XML file for use with other applications.  This
is what I'd like to be able to do with Planner.

Do you think this is something a novice C programmer might be able to
somewhat easily implement?

Thanks,

Jason