Re: [Planner Dev] Reporting Actual Effort in the Tasks Page

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> I'm considering writing XSL to extract BCWS and BCWP from the MrProject
> format.
> I'm guessing that if I write this properly, then it could slot quite
> easilly into the HTML export function.
> 1. If I write this would developers be interested in it?
> 2. Is there anything I should consider (coding standards etc) before I
> start?

Hi,

I think it would be interesting to write this kind of functionality
either as a plugin or as a separate export filter. A plugin could add
menu items and have a small UI that displayed additional information,
while an export filter would output a new file that could be used in
another external application like a spreadsheet app for example.

We shouldn't add extra information to the HTML export, it should just be
a HTML version of the available data.

I've been playing around a bit with the ability to add a custom property
 column from a plugin and calculating the cell contents from the plugin.
This might be the best way to go and it would also be usable for other
similar improvements.

Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/