Re: [Planner Dev] Windows patch

> Sorry for not responding sooner.

I was wondering what happened :-)

> The patch looks fine to me, I'll commit it asap. I have a few
> questionsthough:
>
> Could we please move the rc file to the data/ directory? And would
> it be
> possible to generate it from a .in file? (So you don't have to sync
> theversion).

Hmmm... Moving to the data dir could be done but the file is compiled
and that's why I had it in the src dir. I guess it could be generated
from the .in file. I will investigate that part and I will send a patch
if I can do it.

> +#ifndef WIN32
> 	filename = mrp_paths_get_image_dir ("gnome-planner.png");
> 	gtk_window_set_default_icon_from_file (filename, NULL);
> 	g_free (filename);
> +#else
> +	filename = g_win32_get_package_installation_subdirectory (NULL,
> NULL,"share/icons");
> +	gtk_icon_theme_append_search_path (gtk_icon_theme_get_default(),
> +                                           filename);
> +	g_free (filename);
> +#endif
>
> I prefer to not use the same ifdef for two different parts of code,
> i.e.I don't see how those two relate, so I'd prefer:
>
> #ifndef WIN32
>        gnome stuff
> #endif
>
> #ifdef WIN32
>        unrelated windows stuff
> #endif

That's fine. The first one can even be the WITH_GNOME to keep it fair
like the others.

> And I think we need to set the window icon for windows as well?

The icon is being set by the .rc file. The above call works but the icon
in the task manager will not have transparency. That's a minor glitch,
probably from GTK+. That section can be left in as Gaim has the same
problem on Windows.

Let me know what you want. Also, what name do you want in the .rc file?
GNOME Planner or Imendio Planner? I guess the later is what I should
have used to be consistent with Linux.

Finally, how's the SQL direction? Do we want to fix the current code a
bit or simply ignore it until we have a new version? There a few patches
that can make the current code work as is until we get it replaced.

Francisco