[Planner Dev] Re: [Fink-devel] Success! -> Planner on Darwin/FreeBSD/OSX
- From: "P.A.A." <adijedi mac com>
- To: fink-devel lists sourceforge net
- Cc: Planner Project Manager - Development List <planner-dev lists imendio com>
- Subject: [Planner Dev] Re: [Fink-devel] Success! -> Planner on Darwin/FreeBSD/OSX
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 07:57:56 -0500
On Mac OS X /usr/bin/libtool is not GNU libtool, it is apple's shared
library helper, which was inherited from NeXT, you can download and
build it if you want, it is part of the cctools project. If you
install GNU libtool in /usr you will break your toolchain and will not
be able to build shared libraries.
I suggest instead that you use fink to install automake1.9 (1,9,2)
autoconf2.5 (2.5.9) and libtool14 (GNU libtool-1.5.10) and then run
autogen.sh, do not mess with apple installed stuff in /usr.
Peter O'Gorman - http://www.pogma.com
Yes, I tried that and autogen.sh still didn't work, so I backed up
apple's libtool, installed gnu libtool, ran autogen.sh which worked.
Then before make I copied the backed up libtool back to
/usr/bin/libtool. Then everything worked fine. Se la vi :)
But absolutely right, let Apple's stuff be Apple;s.
Alessandra & Assoc. Intl.
Dallas * Ft. Worth, Texas U.S.A.
] [Thread Prev