[Planner Dev] Building under FC2?

Has anyone else out there tried to build Planner under a Fedora Core2
environment?  I just updated my main development system at home from FC1
to FC2, did a CVS pull from the Planner repository, and it blew up in my
face, mostly with problems around the automake 1.7/1.8 version, and
various other dependent packages.  (I have to admit, I wasn't following
that thread too closely.  Guess I'll have to catch up now...)

Has anyone else tried this, or found a way to get a build environment up
and running without completely hacking their RPM dependencies?