Re: [Planner Dev] Building under FC2?

Charles Tryon wrote:
Has anyone else out there tried to build Planner under a Fedora Core2
environment?  I just updated my main development system at home from FC1
to FC2, did a CVS pull from the Planner repository, and it blew up in my
face, mostly with problems around the automake 1.7/1.8 version, and
various other dependent packages.  (I have to admit, I wasn't following
that thread too closely.  Guess I'll have to catch up now...)

Has anyone else tried this, or found a way to get a build environment up
and running without completely hacking their RPM dependencies?

For me on my Mandrake system (I got 1.4 and 1.7 installed in
parallel with automake/aclocal being linked to the 1.4 version)
what I did was to temporarily reset the soft link for /usr/bin/aclocal
to point at /usr/bin/aclocal-1.7 and similar with /usr/bin/automake
to /usr/bin/automake-1.7

Alternatively you can edit ./planner/autogen.sh and around line
18 and 19 you should see the automake and aclocal - tweak these
to suit ;)

AFAIK Richard has reverted that file anyway so a clean CVS
copy should have the reverted values i.e. .

: ${AUTOMAKE=automake-1.7}
: ${ACLOCAL=aclocal-1.7}

Rgds,
Lincoln
(I'm a little lost on this Automake 1.4 v. 1.7 stuff so your
mileage may vary).