Re: [Planner Dev] A new bugzilla plugin (preview)

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 19:13 +0200, Xavier Ordoquy wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 18:57, Richard Hult wrote:
> > I'd say that this is a much better approach (to use python). Even though
> > I don't really like the idea of parsing html at all ;)
>
> I don't either but unless I write some xml-rpc like scripts and they get
> released in bugzilla and poeple update their installed bugzilla (makes a
> lot of if-like) I don't see any better solution.
> Don't know if it's worth to give it a try.

OK, what functionality is the bugzilla plugin going to provide? I sort
of read the code, but I am not confident that I understand all the
features you are trying to add.

My reason for asking is that recent bugzillas (2.16.x and the eventual
2.18 releases) include the ability to get the bug *output* in XML
format, so it is easy to parse with a program. Input is an entirely
different story and does require fiddling with a fairly experimental CGI
script on the bugzilla installation machine.

So, you can probably get parsing of bugs to include in the plan somehow
fairly easily without needing to wade through the HTML (which can change
from install to install of bugzilla in any case), but input is much
harder.

Sorry if this is way off base -- maybe I need to read what you have done
more carefully.

Malcolm