Re: [Planner Dev] A new bugzilla plugin (preview)

On fre, 2004-05-14 at 15:27 +0200, Xavier Ordoquy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This a a first preview of another version for the bugzilla plugin.
> It is definitively incomplete but does:
>  - get the product list from the url
>  - imports the bugs from a product

I'd say that this is a much better approach (to use python). Even though
I don't really like the idea of parsing html at all ;)

I'm not sure how to handle this kind of thing. Should we create a
scripts/ directory and put stuff there?

In the long term, I'd like to make the python plugin handle scripts in a
directory, where we can then dump scripts, and they get used
automatically.

> I'll try to also bind the UI so that script may do more interaction with
> it (I'm thinking about undo/redo task cases here for example).

planner_window, planner_view, planner_cmd_manager should be sufficient
to bind I guess. It would be pretty nice to be able to access those APIs
from scripts.

> Regarding the python module, it still need some work for freeing the
> memory in an efficient and clean way. For what I could notice, even if I
> free the namespace in which the script is executed, callbacks still
> exists which is not the expected behaviour. I'll dig that point further.

OK, nice! I'm looking forward :)

Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/