Re: [Planner Dev] New patch for undo in link/unlink tasks

Hi!

El dom, 09-05-2004 a las 00:59, Richard Hult escribió:
> On lör, 2004-05-08 at 19:51 +0000, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> > Hi guys!
> >
> > Finally here goes a corrected patch for undo/redo in link/unlink tasks.
> > It uses now the GError framework to show problems to the user and also,
> > I have changed the task move undo/redo to use it also.
>
> Looks nice! We should probably add a gerror to the command manager api
> as well, so it can be used that way instead of adding it to each cmd. We
> can think about that later though.

This is why I said that we have to modify all the undo/redo system to
include a GError param, but for the moment, we can live using in the
actual way so we don't need to do great changes and delay the 0.12 :)

> > My next goal is to make works undo/redo when you move and link tasks in
> > which it fails in some scenarios.
>
> OK, sounds good.

Yes, I think the system should be robust so users can be confident with
it from the very first time :)

> I've started looking at the more advanced calendar undo stuff, but I
> have virtually no time at all at the moment for that.

Ok, if I finish with me duties, I can take a look also.

> Feel free to commit, but I think that you should use g_error_propagate
> instead of just doing cmd->error = error. Not sure though.

We'll use g_error_propagate if we change GError *error in the structure
(TaskCmdMove for example) and use GError **error. I will do the commit
and think about it later.

> Thanks a lot!

:)

Cheers