Re: [Planner Dev] First calendar undo patch

On tor, 2004-06-17 at 07:37 +0000, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> El mié, 16-06-2004 a las 08:20, Richard Hult escribió:
> > On tis, 2004-06-15 at 05:16 +0000, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> > > Hi guys!
> > >
> > > Here goes the fresh new patch for the calendar editor, this one for the
> > > calendar day type editor.
> >
> > Looks good as usual :)
> >
> > It's probably a good idea to start with creation and deletion of
> > calendars though since I'm afraid that it might end up like for tasks
> > otherwise, that we need to redo the work (remember the ID stuff we
> > almost did? :)
> >

> Hmmm, I am not sure I am following you, maybe because I haven't looked
> to creation and deletion of calendars.

Say for example that we remove a calendar, and keep a reference to it in
a command in a way that doesn't work when the calendar is inserted again
with a redo operation. Things like this that bit us when we first did
the task undo stuff. I'm not sure that we will have any problems but I
think it's a good idea to start in that area this time around to be
safe.

> > What do you think?
>
> I will start trying to do it to find the problems :)
>
> About the ID stuff, it seems we will need it for the datase
> identification of componentes and access control to objetcs from
> different people and version control, but we will see ;-)

Sure, but we still don't want to redo all the undo code :)

Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/