Re: [Planner Dev] Windows Port - Status update

On tor, 2004-07-29 at 21:35 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:

> Well this seems hard to spot, since it goes to Windows internal
> libraries and there you end up with nothing, so I have to do it hardway
> - step until something appears. =)

Hm, even a stacktrace doesn't give anything? It should tell you where
the code is being called from...

> Now I have had decent sleep and given second tought about how views can
> be implemented... I really don't want to do any temporary library hack.
> So this leaves two options, use GModuleType, or static linking. Which
> one I should go for?

The views could at some point be compiled in, but if just fixing the
build means less changes, I prefer that at this stage.

> In my opinion static linking would be way to go, since views are pretty
> much essential parts of Planner and there are most likely not to be
> generated any third party views... This would also remove any
> backlinking issues that still exists in that simple library hack.

Are you sure that it's not possible? It sounds like a terrible
limitation, how could any plugins ever work in any app? Are you sure
it's not just a matter of adding -export-dynamic to the planner
executable LDFLAGS? (plus splitting the shared files from gantt/task to
a helper lib).

Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/