Re: [Planner Dev] ANN: Planner 0.12, Windows port

Jani tiainen wrote:

Dummy question: What is DDD?

http://www.gnu.org/software/ddd/

I'm a sucker for GUIs even if its a GUI for gdb ! Its in cygwin as
well as regular GNU/Linux distros.

But this is a good start and first free, reasonable PM software that runs in Windows.

...well there is that new Niku Open Workbench but its quite complex
and pitched to the top end of the market.

AFAIK it's not "that free", and Planner does most of tasks needed in small/medium sized projects.

Yup thats the sweet spot for Planner and I think we should make sure
we hide more complex stuff so that small/medium projects especially
single resource or a small team project don't get cluttered with
too much.

MS Project importer would be fancy...

I'm guessing we can do that for MPX file formats - don't know about
the more complex MSProject 2003 stuff. There was the start if a MPX
importer around somewhere - don't know what the status of it was.