Re: [Planner Dev] libgda not found trying to build with db support

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 21:04, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 12:44, Kurt Maute wrote:

> > So what's the deal here?  Maybe the RPM I installed libgda with is less
> > than perfect?
>
> Like almost every package distributed as rpms, libgda will have both a
> runtime and a developer package. The package you have installed is the
> runtime package, which includes the shared library that programs uses at
> run time. The libgda-devel package is also required, since it supplies
> header files, *.pc files and a few other things required to build
> packages that use libgda.so.

Thanks, Malcolm.  That did the trick.

So now that I've got it compiled and running, I tried to open one of my
projects from the postgresql database I'd set up for MrProject.
MrProject opens the project from the database just fine, but Planner
crashes just trying to connect to the database with the following error
on the terminal I launched it from:

(planner:20965): GConf-CRITICAL **: file gconf-client.c: line 1687
(gconf_client_set_string): assertion `val != NULL' failed
planner: relocation error:
/usr/local/lib/planner/plugins/libsql-plugin.so: undefined symbol:
gda_config_save_data_source

Is this another setup issue, or is the new gda engine not compatible
with the old database setup?

--
Kurt Maute <Kurt Maute us>