Re: [Planner Dev] silly: can get python demo to work

Jon Wilkins wrote:
Hi,

I'm almost certainly doing something daft or forgetting something
obvious....

I've been building planner from CVS (last sync'd about a week ago)
including a 'make install' and wanted to try the python demo... as per
the instructions in planner/python/python-demo.py I've copied python-
demo.py and restarted, however, I get the following error message:
"ImportError: No module named planner"

Similarly, running python and attempting to 'import planner' fails --
whilst I figure that the problem is with python knowing about the
planner module, my knowledge of external libraries for python is too
little to be able to solve this.....
Any pointers would be gratefully received....

Hi,

If planner is not installed into the same prefix as python, you need to set PYTHONPATH, e.g:

export PYTHONPATH=/opt/gnome/lib/python2.3/site-packages

with slight changes depending on the prefix and python version.

If this doesn't help, I'm not sure what's wrong.

Regards,
Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/