Re: [Planner Dev] Planner Win32

Richard Hult wrote:

On tis, 2004-08-17 at 08:05 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:

Surely do. Only real thing I have to work out someday is printing since it's pretty essential part for most of people, but first I'll do that datafile handling thing we discussed about.

Great! So the printing stuff compiles, but doesn't work run-time?

Well, libgnomeprint(ui) compiles without any problems but print, or print preview doesn't work. But I haven't kept those in high priority yet.

I need to commit some outstanding changes I have made to remove some
more libgnomeui dependencies first, then I'll take a closer look at your
patches.

Well mostly my patcheds are about getting around libgnome(ui) things. =)

I think getting all the libgnomeui stuff replaced before committing any
win32 ifdefs or Makefile stuff is probably a good idea though.

Fine with me. Lesser #ifdefs, better it is. But currently if you look number of ifdefs and reasons behind them (I hopefully commented reasons for all ifdefs) it's pretty small amount of those which will get into 0.l3 (which is my target to have working win32 release).

Yeah we shouldn't need too many (if any at all in the end).

Well, target is zero, since it will keep code more manageable than messing around with ifdefs.

Fortunately autoconf/automake system is very powerful to outwit most dummy changes needed for different environments.

<offtopic>
Has anybody tried to compile CVS HEAD in MacOS X ? Did that helper library fix problems?
</offtopic>

--

Jani Tiainen