Re: [Planner Dev] Planner Windows port

Richard Hult wrote:

On ons, 2004-08-11 at 21:17 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:

Hi all...

Finally I got Planner to compile and run under cygwin. See pictures at http://www.sunpoint.net/~jtiai/

Wow! That's really nice to see :)

Currently I'm polishing configure and makefiles to build planner "out-of-box" without much of a hazzle.

I had brutally commented out all gconf/gnome/gnomeui/gnome-vfs dependencies and there must be found alternatives, at least on win32 platform.

Also I wrote dummy win32 configuration file which needs to be completed before it can be actually used.

Nice, I'll have a look and get this committed ASAP.

Don't. There is things that break everything in build system.. =)

I hope that tonight I have time to finish polishing all possible situations and write configuration backend.

But hey this is a good start.

Indeed, it's a really good start!

Note: I tried to run Planner w/o cygwin and it works if all necessary DLL's and are taken with and hardcoded paths are changed... (this is something that must be taken account on win32...)

Do you mean paths to datafiles in the source?

Yes, since in Windows it's installers job to determine place where files are placed (eg "c:\program files\planner\") and programs read where their files are installed (or uses path of executable).

--

Jani Tiainen