Re: [Planner Dev] Fixes for gantt bugz # 148637, 149359 and 149651

On tis, 2004-08-10 at 01:33 +0100, lincoln phipps openmutual net wrote:

> Richard,
>
> 	I've redone  this ...and in the best open source
> tradition its completely refactored and has new features ;)

;)

> I've still got the 10,000 day task limit in as I  think this
> is an important sanity check which is already in place in
> the Task dialog.

But why? If I'm not mistaken that does't even cover our 2038 limit. I
think it's rather odd to have two limits, one absolute, that is real,
and one relative that's just virtual.

> For my new feature, you can now SHIFT+click drag a Fixed
> duration task in gantt to update its duration (as opposed
> to the work) (I always wanted to play with the modifier keys ;)

I wonder if dragging a fixed duration task should change the duration
instead, it will look very odd if dragging a task won't change it's
visual length.

> That funny safe time value was 1st Jan 2038 so I now use,
> 	mrp_time_compose( 2038,1,1,0,0,0);
>
> as thats more obvious.

Hm, that's a pretty expensive function so a hardcoded value with a
comment is fine :)

> The reason for both setting the time values to the correct
> limits outside the loop and then checking for verflow within
> the loop is that,
>
> 	t = planner_scale_time_next (t, priv->major_unit);
>
> can actually overflow within the loop.  My checks seemed
> safer on my testing.

Hm, ok.

> I've fixed my comments.
>
> I've moved this property undo to planner-task-cmd.c/planner-task-cmd.h
> and it now handles both work and duration updates.

Great!

Imendio HB