[Planner Dev] GtkOptionMenu deprecated in favor of GtkComboBox - affect on Planner ?

Hi, I've added my new Link Tasks dialog and now cleaning up
my code but noticed that as of GTK+ 2.4 the API docs say
that GtkOptionMenu has been deprecated in favor of GtkComboBox.

I'm new to GNOME so whats the normal convention in GNOME
programming world of rebuilding code to remove deprecated
stuff ?.

Does core GNOME give a deadline or is it left up to
individual projects and thus could stay around for a very long
time.

/Lincoln.