Re: [Planner Dev] User Guide interim update

On lör, 2004-04-03 at 08:49 -0500, Kurt Maute wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi!

> I posted an update to the Planner User Guide last night:
> http://www.maute.us/?q=taxonomy/page/or/2
> As always, your feedback is appreciated.

I can't access the page now, will take a look tomorrow. I'm confident
that it's as great as usual :)

> I'm beginning to weed out some of the screen shots that don't seem to
> add a great deal of value.  As Planner grows, the number of shots will
> become unmanageable if we include one or more for each feature.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

> Also on the screen shots, I decided to try scaling them all to 60% of
> their original size rather than scaling only the ones that were larger
> than 510 pixels wide.  I like the fact that they all look more uniform
> now, but they tend to lose sharpness during the process.  Does anyone
> know how to scale images without losing so much resolution?  I'm using
> the Gimp 'scale image' utility.

Hm, I don't think you can do a lot better than the gimp scaling. As long
as the screenshots are clear enough so you can see what they are, I
don't think a little blurriness hurts too much.

> Before v0.12, I plan to:
> * update 'Configuring a Planner Database'
> * add Undo/Redo
> * any other new features between now and then

Great to hear! I'm going to hash out a release plan sometime next week,
and sort out the bugzilla so we get a clear picture of what should be
included in 0.12.

Thanks,
Richard

--
Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com