Re: [Planner Dev] Porting to Mac OS X

ons 2003-11-05 klockan 12.51 skrev Randall Wood:
> Sirs and Madams:
>
> After looking at the free-or-shareware project management tools
> available for Mac OS X, I am interested in porting Planner to that
> platform.
>
> If anyone else has started such a project, I would like to join it.
>
> If not, it seems that I should simply port libmrproject to the platform
> and develop a native UI, allowing the Mac version to also take
> advantage of Mac-only and Mac-oriented technologies.

Great news. We are also planning on looking over the UI to make it
better, so if you have ideas, please discuss them here and we can
perhaps make something that looks and behaves similar on both platforms.
With tweaks to match with the different platforms of course.

As for libmrproject (will be renamed to libplanner) we we would like to
underengineer it a bit since it feels a bit overengineered in various
parts. So I think it would be best to start looking at the UI until we
have stabilized libplanner a bit.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Mikael Hallendal               micke imendio com
Imendio HB                     http://www.imendio.com