[Planner Dev] Porting to Mac OS X

Sirs and Madams:

After looking at the free-or-shareware project management tools available for Mac OS X, I am interested in porting Planner to that platform.

If anyone else has started such a project, I would like to join it.

If not, it seems that I should simply port libmrproject to the platform and develop a native UI, allowing the Mac version to also take advantage of Mac-only and Mac-oriented technologies.

The current state of things is this:

libmrproject does not compile on Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar). I haven't got access to a 10.3 (Panther) computer to try compiling it there. The compilation fails because 10.2 does not include langinfo.h:
	mrp-time.c:28:22: langinfo.h: No such file or directory
	mrp-time.c: In function `imrp_time_init':
mrp-time.c:734: error: `ABMON_1' undeclared (first use in this function)
	[etc...]

So one question is what are the constants in langinfo.h and another is how should I patch libmrproject to workaround this problem (which I understand is fixed in Panther)?

Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Randall Wood
rhwood mac com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the rest is just philosophy."