Re: [Planner Dev] Porting to Mac OS X

ons 2003-11-05 klockan 12.51 skrev Randall Wood:
> Sirs and Madams:

Hi,

> After looking at the free-or-shareware project management tools
> available for Mac OS X, I am interested in porting Planner to that
> platform.

That's good news!

> If anyone else has started such a project, I would like to join it.

I haven't heard of any, but I've seen plenty of requests for a Mac OS X
version, so there is definitely an interest out there.

> If not, it seems that I should simply port libmrproject to the platform
> and develop a native UI, allowing the Mac version to also take
> advantage of Mac-only and Mac-oriented technologies.

We are currently planning to go over the sources and clean them up a bit
to reduce some of the unnecessary complexity of libmrproject. If you
start in the other end, designing your UI that shouldn't cause any
trouble though.

If you have any ideas on how to improve the UI, we're all ears and would
love to use them for the X11 version as well.

> The current state of things is this:
>
> libmrproject does not compile on Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar). I haven't got
> access to a 10.3 (Panther) computer to try compiling it there. The
> compilation fails because 10.2 does not include langinfo.h:
> 	mrp-time.c:28:22: langinfo.h: No such file or directory
> 	mrp-time.c: In function `imrp_time_init':
> 	mrp-time.c:734: error: `ABMON_1' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> 	[etc...]
>
> So one question is what are the constants in langinfo.h and another is
> how should I patch libmrproject to workaround this problem (which I
> understand is fixed in Panther)?

It is used to get translated names of the months through libc's langinfo
API, ie:

nl_langinfo (ABMON_1);

for January.

I don't know if there is an equivalent on Darwin or if you need to write
some code to handle it yourself.

Regards,
Richard

--
Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com