[Planner Dev] Re: Planner website

Mikael,

We decided to go with Movable Type since we find it very easy to work
with and we use it for all of our other projects. The way I'm planning
to do it is to have a few pages that are more or less static, about
what's there today (http://planner.imendio.org/) and then have documents
that people interested in writing can write and publish themselves.

I think the material you have on your page now will be of both sorts.
Some we'll add the static pages and some we'll make into documents that
you can edit/update/create yourself.

Glad to hear that you have picked a tool. That should speed our progress. Have you had a chance to think about my first attempt at the user segmentation. I think it is important that we give thought to who we expect will visit the web site and what they may expect from us.
	http://www.simpleprojectmanagement.com/planner/users.html

Too many software web sites present information from the developer's point of view instead of giving the user's needs priority. We need to do better than that.

We'll start moving text from your page into the official page, look over exactly how to do the dynamic material in a easiest-for-everyone manner,
give you an account to update and add new documents.

And at the same time make sure that Kurt can update the user guide.

How does that sound?

That sounds good. I look forward to seeing your ideas about what should be placed where. Please be sure that my copyright notice stays with the project management related materials you move over. I would not be able to justify adapting this information for use on the planner web site if it put the copyright at risk.

-- Brian Christensen