[Planner Dev] Re: Planner website

fre 2003-12-19 klockan 22.39 skrev Brian Christensen:
> Mikael,

Hi!

Great to hear back from you, and great that you still want to help out
with text for the planner web site.

> I am very much interested in helping with the Planner website. Last I
> heard you hadn't decided what tools you want to use. Until you decide
> that there isn't a lot I can do.

We decided to go with Movable Type since we find it very easy to work
with and we use it for all of our other projects. The way I'm planning
to do it is to have a few pages that are more or less static, about
what's there today (http://planner.imendio.org/) and then have documents
that people interested in writing can write and publish themselves.

I think the material you have on your page now will be of both sorts.
Some we'll add the static pages and some we'll make into documents that
you can edit/update/create yourself.

> For now I am going to focus on creating the best information I can for
> project managers who want to manage projects with Planner.
>
> The URL you mentioned is the same one I sent to the planner-dev list
> back on November 18 with a request for comments and suggestions. I
> didn't get much feedback, but one has hopes. I am glad that at least
> someone has visited the site to take a look.
>
> I entirely agree that we don't want to create confusion for users. The
> worst confusion is created by the old MrProject web site. It gives the
> impression that MrProject is a dead tool -- just the opposite of what
> we want to convey.

Yeah, not much we can do about that though. Eventually people will
understand that Planner is the new project name and won't go to the old
one anymore. Also going to point www.mrproject.org to the new page.

> Some of the information I offer on Planner shouldn't be on the
> "official web site". For example, my criticism of MS Project and praise
> for Planner would sound wrong if it were published there.

Agreed, we shouldn't have such comments on the official site.

> What are your thoughts?

We'll start moving text from your page into the official page, look over
exactly how to do the dynamic material in a easiest-for-everyone manner,
give you an account to update and add new documents.

And at the same time make sure that Kurt can update the user guide.

How does that sound?

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal               micke imendio com
Imendio HB                     http://www.imendio.com