Re: [pinpoint] pinpoint doesn't work

Another Arch user here.

I've tried to reproduce the behaviour you presented in your email by
following the steps:

 - Copied the contents from the sample presentation @
http://git.gnome.org/browse/pinpoint/tree/introduction.pin to a test
file, say ~/introduction.pin;
 - Run pinpoint with $pinpoint ~/introduction.pin (well, duh);
 - Edited and saved file (tried to add "file" to "it has a simple
source" as you did) with pinpoint opened;
 - It just worked, and the changes were shown without restarting pinpoint;

I haven't tried the other changes you said you did for I did not
understand well what you did. You changed the text "Welcome to
pinpoint" to "This is a slide", right (it worked too)? What did you
change in the default slide?

Also, which package from AUR have you installed?

I'm using pinpoint-git (and just updated the system). If you installed
the "pinpoint" package it may be an older version of the program and
this behaviour may be something that was already fixed by now.

Hope this helps a little, and sorry if I said something too obvious
(just wanted to be thorough).

Guilherme
"It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for."