Re: Gvfs and icons

On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 19:56 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Federico Mena Quintero
> > Are we really contacting the gvfs daemon for each icon, or something?
>
> No, this is just the initial creation of the daemonvfs object.

	Not sure if this is fixed [ hpj was poking AFAIR ]; but last I looked,
as soon as you start doing anything even slightly interesting with URLs,
( even creating 'file://' ones, or was it desktop:// or trash:// (?) ) -
GIO et. al. go away and launch rather a slew of daemons over d-bus - for
reasons that escape me.

	That (most likely) has an impact on login / boot time too - or has that
been re-worked ? my recollection is hazy [ as you see ;-]; but it seems
to me that on login, to render the default desktop, it should not be
necessary to hang around waiting for a slew daemon and helpers to start.

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot